Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year

So I'm starting this year off by actually following one of my resolutions: Blog more.

With that, here's my biggest announcement of the new year: A new gallery show!

Just before New Year's Eve, Jessie Wusthoff, of Terminal 22 Gallery in Oakland, CA (Just east of San Francisco) wrote me saying she her gallery has a show coming up in February featuring paper artists and she has openings.

I was quite surprised to hear she wanted several pieces, and more than happy to accommodate!

I will be sending SEVEN pieces, including two large pieces made especially for the show.

Unfortunately, because it's such short notice, I will not be able to attend the opening personally, but my spies in CA (fellow full-time Etsy artists) have agreed to attend and take some photos for me.

I'm extremely excited about the show! Rarely do I get the chance to have people know what my medium is before the look at the piece, so unless I get to talk to them personally, many think they are prints, woodcuts, pen&ink, etc.

This will be my first West Coast show, which is exciting for being what it is, and also I can now say I've shown in galleries across the country:)

I've read some great reviews of the gallery and I trust them to show my work well.

Show info:

The Paper Show
Terminal 22
2443 Telegraph Ave.
Oakland, CA 94612


Opening Gala: Feb 5, 6-9 pm

My birthday is the 3rd, so I'm considering this a great present!

I hope any of you Bay-area people can make the show and let me know how it goes (and buy a piece!)

No comments: