Monday, April 21, 2008

Tampa Museum Of Art Gig



I had a request this weekend to create a piece for a one-night show at the Tampa Museum of Art. This will be the first time one of my papercuts has been shown at a large museum! The show is called "Kick Start My Art" and features vintage scooters (vespas) and related art. I met a great couple, Suzie and Chad, at the Tampa Artist Emporium where Chad displays some of his awesome art a few feet from my display. They liked my style and medium and thought I'd be a good fit for the show they were curating. I already have an idea in mind for the design and I really can't wait to work on it. Need to finish another piece first, but there's plenty of time.




Show info:


Kick Start My Art


Friday, July 18


8-11pm


Tampa Museum of Art (Interum location)


Sponsered by Starbucks






2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Sounds like a fun project to work on!

I read a book a few years ago called Spotted in France. The cover art was a photo of a man and a dalmation, both wearing goggles, on a Vespa. Very memorable! (Fun read, too)

TotusMel said...

Good Luck, your pieces are amazing!
-pam
http://totusmel.blogspot.com